Thursday, March 24, 2011

creative zone


Doing lots of painting! In fact, I'm getting carpal tunnel and tennis elbow or should I say artist's elbow. Ouch. Today I am taking some time away from the brushes and having an overdue lunch with a friend. This is what I painted on my painting apron just for fun the other day when I was working at the market. I like it so much that I've made it into a print and plan on framing it and putting it up on my wall. You can get one too if you want in my Etsy shop.

“Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.” — Henry Ward Beecher

There's room for everybody on the planet to be creative and conscious if you are your own person. If you're trying to be like somebody else, then there is isn't.”- Tori Amos


" Creativity often consists of merely turning up what is already there. Did you know that right and left shoes were thought up only a little more than a century ago?” - Bernice Fitz Gibbon

4 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm jealous of your ability!

aliceinparis said...

Thanks Teena.

The Faustian Man said...

Didn't know that about the shoes.

sonja said...

That Tori Amos quote really resonated with me. Thanks for sharing it.