Thursday, July 31, 2014

End of July

Well here it is July 31 exactly 31 days since I broke my foot. It has been a hard slog for me. I am usually very active and this has forced me to spend a lot of time on the couch reading and sadly, becoming a Netflix junkie. My latest find is Grand Hotel. A wonderful over the top at times, drama from Spain similar to Downton Abbey. It is subtitled but after a few episodes I am not even aware I am reading and have convinced myself I understand every word they are saying. Click here to see some pics from it. Romance, intrigue...it has it all! Soooo good:)
I've also just finished a 16 x 20 commission. the client wanted a blue painting featuring her cats Clementine and Mr. Meowgli. Contact me if you are interested in one for yourself or a gift. (The top picture is Hollis Street in Halifax)

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad to hear that your foot is slowly getting better. If you're watching Netflix, don't miss their series "House of Cards" and "Orange is the New Black" if you haven't seen them already! Both are excellent.

quiltergirl said...

Thanks. I love Netflix. It is my companion each afternoon while I come up with new quilt art. So now,I am heading for your suggestion. Loved Downton Abbey and even bought the fabric designed after the show.

aliceinparis said...

~Debra She Who Seeks... I loved Orange is the New Black:)Haven't seen House of Cards tho

~Quiltergirl...Downron Abbey was great. I think you will enjoy Grand Hotel but you have to be watching the screen all the time to read the subtitles. HArd to watch and work:)

obat herbal stroke said...

hi,, just visit this site,, have a nice day :)